Donate costumes from anywhere in America!
Send your costume to our New Orleans headquarters, and we will match it to a child in need somewhere in America this Halloween!
Costume Donation Instructions
1. Wash or dry clean (depending on the costume's care instructions) each costume before donating it to 'WEEN DREAM. We are unable to use costumes that have not been cleaned.
2. Only donate costumes that are in good condition. As a rule of thumb, if you would purchase the costume in its current condition from a consignment shop for your own child, then it's probably in "good" condition.
3. Put each costume in its own large, sealed Ziploc bag so that it will not get wet or dirty while it is waiting to be processed by our volunteers.
4. Write the following information on a piece of paper and slide it in the bag with the costume:
Type of Costume (such as character name or general description, like "Princess");
Gender (Boy, Girl, or Unisex);
Size (Toddler/Child/Teen S, M, L, XL, or numeric size); and
Age (approximate) the costume is appropriate for.
5. Getting the costume to 'WEEN DREAM:
Costumes may be mailed from anywhere in America to our New Orleans headquarters at:
3001 River Rd.
Jefferson, LA 70121
6. New costumes (never worn and still in their original packaging) may be donated to 'WEEN DREAM in the same manner as described above for gently used costumes.
Host Your Own Costume Drive!
If you'd like to have a costume donation drive benefiting 'WEEN DREAM at your office or school, feel free to send the Costume Donation Info Sheet to your coworkers. You can make your own sign for the donation bin, or you can use this one:
Costume Donation Bin Sign
You can mail costumes to our address, listed above. Costumes collected by the end of August will go to kids in need this Halloween. Costumes donated during and after Halloween season will go to kids in need next Halloween.
Thanks for helping us give the gift of Halloween!