Donate costumes from anywhere in America!
Send your costume to our New Orleans headquarters, and we will match it to a child in need somewhere in America this Halloween!
Costume Donation Instructions
1. Wash or dry clean (depending on the costume's care instructions) each costume before donating it to 'WEEN DREAM. We are unable to use costumes that have not been cleaned.
2. Only donate costumes that are in good condition. As a rule of thumb, if you would purchase the costume in its current condition from a consignment shop for your own child, then it's probably in "good" condition.
3. Put each costume in its own large, sealed Ziploc bag so that it will not get wet or dirty while it is waiting to be processed by our volunteers.
4. Write the following information on a piece of paper and slide it in the bag with the costume:
Type of Costume (such as character name or general description, like "Princess");
Gender (Boy, Girl, or Unisex);
Size (Toddler/Child/Teen S, M, L, XL, or numeric size); and
Age (approximate) the costume is appropriate for.
5. New costumes (never worn and still in their original packaging) may be donated to 'WEEN DREAM in the same manner as described above for gently used costumes.
Getting Your Costumes to ‘WEEN DREAM
Greater New Orleans Area:
Drop off costumes to the 'WEEN DREAM costume headquarters during regular business hours — 8:00-10:00 am on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Mail costumes using the shipping provider of your choice to the 'WEEN DREAM costume headquarters at the address below.
3001 River Rd.
Jefferson, LA 70121
Requesting a Receipt for Your Donation?
If you are requesting a receipt for your costume donation, please simply enclose a letter with your box(es) of costumes with the request. Receipts can be emailed with a proper email address or mailed via letter with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.